• Niels Sandager
    MSP360 (CloudBerry) can't "Get inventory" from my S3 Glacier vault containing 50 GB ?
    After setting up the task, following is written in the task bar:

Task: Preaparing inv...
    Source: eu-central-1/ Name of my Vault (approx. 4 hours left)

Waiting 24 hours, nothing happens.
  • David Gugick
    I would reach out to support as they may need to examine the logs for more detail about what's going on on the AWS side. I assume this is Glacier and not S3 Glacier - as S3 Glacier vaults are automatically updated once a day by Amazon.

Either way, can you confirm your Explorer version?
  • Niels Sandager
    My version is:
    CloudBerry Explorer for Amazon S3 PRO, Build: 6.0.0.10

I think AWS S3 Glacier is identical with AWS Glacier.
    Logging on to AWS Consol : https://console.aws.amazon.com/
    the only Glacier option is: S3 Glacier, where I also find my vault.
  • David Gugick
    We switched to using S3 Glacier last year (or 2019?) when it was released by Amazon. S3 Glacier leaves some metadata in S3 so inventories are automatically managed. It's possible that this is older data and the inventory is out of date. Regardless, support should be able to assist in the reason for the slow inventory completion on the AWS side.
  • Niels Sandager
    Thank you for answering my questions.
    I suppose you mean AWS Support.
    My AWS Glacier account started in august 2018.
  • Niels Sandager
    Now I have tried to use "CloudBerry Explorer for Amazon S3 PRO" (from www.msp360.com),
    After installation of CloudBerry Explorer my S3 Glacier vaults was correctly found and shown in Explorer.
    In Explorer I activated the menu "Get inventory", and the request job was set.
    Waiting 24 hours Explorer Explorer received no inventory information from the the chosen vault.
    I wrote a mail to about my problem, and got following answer:

"We switched to using S3 Glacier last year (or 2019?) when it was released by Amazon. S3 Glacier leaves some metadata in S3 so inventories are automatically managed. It's possible that this is older data and the inventory is out of date. Regardless, AWS support should be able to assist in the reason for the slow inventory completion on the AWS side"

My Glacier account was established in july-august 2018.

I am still unable to empty and delete my Glacier vaults.
    I think it must possible for AWS technical support in an easy way to delete my account.
    I have spent too many hours in vain trying to delete my vault. My monthly cost of glacier is 30 cents, so my work is in an unreasonable proportion to the 30 cents.
    Please be kind and delete my vaults for me.
    My account ID: 405635373120
  • Niels Sandager
    Sorry, my last comment should have been directed to Amazon
    Sorry for copying to this message.
  • David Gugick
    Did you submit a Support Ticket and Logs with us? That's what I meant - not AWS. If you're using the Pro version I assume it's a paid version, and you should have some support.
  • Niels Sandager
    Yes, now I just did it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube