• Philip Muggeridge
    Hi,

We have 3 servers that we have data being backed up from into AWS S3 Zone 1A using MPS360 backup however one of our servers has fallen over.

We've restored the data this server from AWS to a new server and want to now continue backups of this data from the new server into the same AWS bucket / folder(s) without having to re-upload all the data again.

The old server was called GG-WINCLUS-04 and the new server is called GG-WINCLUS-02. On the server the fileshares are called the same, D:\

I've seen this thread describing continuing backups but I'm not sure if I need to rename the AWS folders or not and could do with some advice before proceeding: https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-continue-backup-on-another-computer/amp/.

The AWSServers attachment shows the 3 servers that have data uploaded to AWS from, whilst the GG_WINCLUS_04_JOBS attachment shows the 3 jobs that were running from the server that need moving to the new server.

The drive mapping, i.e. D:\ and filepath to the data is the same on both servers.

Do I need to change the CBB_GG-WINCLUS-04 in the AWSServers attachment to CBB_WINCLUS-02 before creating a new job on the new server pointing to the same data as before?
    Attachments
    AWSServers (39K)
    GG_WINCLUS_04_JOBS (57K)
  • David Gugick
    If you use the same backup prefix and sync the data, I do not think you need to change anything on the S3 side. But if you have concerns, I'd recommend you open a Support case and get confirmation from one of our support reps.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment