• BackupFan
    Hello,

I believe that the File Restore plan creation process could be improved to remove potential frustrations for the users. I just had a situation where I was attempting to do a test file restore on a remote computer, and I wasn't able to get it to work for some time because I overlooked part of the process. When selecting the Restore Source, I selected the correct storage source, but I didn't think to drill down into the drive in question to the *specific* file I wanted to restore. Even though I went through the process multiple times trying to figure out what I did wrong, I didn't find my error for some time.

The way the restore plan creation process is setup with this version of the Management Console, there is nothing to tell you what your error is, or even that there *is* an error. Right now, if a step has been skipped, you can hit the save button but nothing at all happens. If this could be adjusted so that the user was pointed to the step that was skipped, I think it would save the users some frustration.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment