• Reddit User
    Hi there,

I currently have CloudBerry Backup Server Edition running on a Server 2008 R2 box and I have my data being uploaded to Azure with an encryption passphrase to protect my data in the cloud.

If I for some reason have to re-install the server, what exactly is the process to ge tback up and running and continuing where I left off to back up data?

Would I have to name the server the exact same name for the Azure container to recognize it being the same resource?

How are encryption keys handled when I set the passphrase to encrypt the data in the cloud? I'm kind of confused. If I set up a password to be example "password123" and then I re-install, if I want to restore, will the password still work? What is encrypting what and with what keys?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Denis Gorbachev
    Would I have to name the server the exact same name for the Azure container to recognize it being the same resource?

In this case, you should only install the backup software and change the prefix in it to the one, you used previously (it's the machine name, you are correct).

if I want to restore, will the password still work? Yes, for sure. The password will be working.
    What is encrypting what and with what keys

The key is the phrase you are using. It decrypts the files, we are encrypting on the endpoint (your server).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment