• John Z
    Hi -

First of all, thank you for offering an awesome product. I have been using it for few years and it has worked perfectly.

Can you please let me know what transfer protocol does the Free version use to transfer files from the local workstation to google cloud storage?

Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    I believe it's proprietary. Can you elaborate on exactly what you're looking for here?
  • John Z
    Just trying to figure out if the data is not sent in the clear without any kind of encryption (e.g FTPS, SFTP, HTTPS etc.).
  • John Z
    Sorry for the confusion. I am just trying to figure out whether the data is sent in the clear without any kind of encryption (e.g FTPS, SFTP, HTTPS etc.) or it is encrypted while in transit.
  • David Gugick
    I'll have to check the actual details, but I am guessing if the connection uses encryption, then the file transfer uses the same.
  • John Z
    That would be awesome if you could let me know. Yes, that's why I was curious to know what protocol is being used. For example if it is HTTPS connection then the file transfer will be encrypted.

I would be cautious in sending anything over the internet in the clear...
  • David Gugick
    Sorry, but I assumed this was a remote desktop question, and not an explorer one. If your connection to the cloud is set up with HTTPS, then the connection would being encrypted using that protocol.
  • John Z
    Thank you David. One last question, I am assuming that the ability to set the connection to HTTPS is cloudberry explorer is only available in the PRO version? As I don't see it in the Free version.

Thanks again for your understanding.
  • David Gugick
    What cloud are you using? Google?
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying when you register your Google Cloud account using Access / Secret Key, there is no Use SSL option?
  • John Z
    Ah Yes! I forgot about that aspect. My apologies. I think I am good for now. I really appreciate your help with this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment