• Ben Krause
    I have the Cloudberry MSP Backup software on a server and use Wasabi cloud storage. In the backup program I want to go into Backup Storage and delete an entire folder that was backed up by mistake from the Cloud Storage. When I click on a folder on the left, it only shows files on the right. So I can't right click the main folder and then go to the right pane and delete the sub-folder. When I right click on the folder on the left side, it does not give an option to delete, it only has restore, update cloud file info, and refresh.

How would I go about deleting an entire folder from the online storage?

• David Gugick
    Which backup format are you using? Legacy or the new backup format? And this is a File based backup, correct?
  • Ben Krause
    I'm 'not sure. It's a backup plan I created on 5/11/2020, I'm using Build 6.3.9.12 and yes it's a file based backup. I'm not sure how to tell what backup format I'm using with regards to new or legacy but hopefully that answers your questions.
  • Steve PutnamAccepted Answer
    Just Be sure that you have “ allow Data Deletion in Backup Agent” selected under companies: Agent options. You should be able to remove unwanted folders.
  • Ben Krause
    Thanks Steve Putnam! That was it. For anyone else, this is a picture of the setting I had to check
    fx63bfxa6k7w1ezr.jpg
  • RachelGomez
    Deleting an entire folder from cloud backup storage depends on the specific backup service you are using. Here are some general steps that you can follow:

Navigate to the folder that you want to delete.
    Select the folder by clicking on it.
    Look for a delete button or an option to delete the folder. This could be in the form of a trash can icon, a delete button, or an option in a drop-down menu.
    Click on the delete button or option to start the deletion process.
    Confirm the deletion if prompted.
    It's important to note that deleting a folder from cloud backup storage will permanently remove all the files and data within that folder. Therefore, it's recommended that you make sure you have a backup of the data elsewhere if you need it in the future.

Regards,
    Rachel Gomez
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube