• sanferno
    Hi,

I contacted support on a query regarding MSP360 powered by AWS, particularly referring the product announcement by Brian Helwing in your YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl8F9awVMLQ

It is said storaged is charged a flat rate $0.023 per GB/month, wheras Desktop licenses would be $1. However, when I signed up for a free trial, Desktop licenses are $2. I have not received response from support yet. Any clarification here?

Thanks,
  • David Gugick
    if you've signed up for the service, the first time you click on storage you need to select the MSP360 powered by AWS option. At that point you should get a message that desktop licenses will be charged at $1 per month. If you then go ahead and select a different type of storage you'll get a message that the desktop licenses are going back to the normal price. I don't know where you're seeing the $2 price, so posting a screenshot would probably be best. If you signed up for the service however you should be in contact with an account manager who would be best to help you.
  • sanferno
    Hi David,

I get the $2 price when I try to buy new licenses through the console -please check the attachment. I only have a "MSP360 (Amazon S3)" storage account. It seems the support ticket has been transferred to Sales on the 22nd, no further updates since.

Thanks,
    Attachment
    Untitled (107K)
  • David Gugick
    Can I assume that maybe you are not a Managed Service Provider? MSPs get special reseller pricing. For internal IT use (non-MSPs) the cost is higher. If you are an MSP, then your Account Manager can help fix the issue.
  • sanferno
    No, I'm not a MSP. I just deal with my own backups. That might be the cause then, thanks.
  • David Gugick
    Yes, that's it. So, you can get Desktop pricing for $2 / Month (instead of $10) if you use the MSP360 AWS storage option. But you have a choice in storage providers if one of the others provides the features / pricing that works better for you. In that case, you'll pay the retail price (before discount) for the Desktop licenses, but you may pay less for storage - depending on your storage needs (region, features, etc.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment