• donnod
    We are moving from CrashPlan to CloudBerry. I've set the time to run at 1:00 AM, but unfortunately when the computer goes idle, it hibernates and CloudBerry does not run until I try to log back on in the morning. Then it is taking up my valuable bandwidth, etc.

CrashPlan used to use idle cycles to run quietly in the background. I know i can throttle CloudBerry completely but I'd rather not slow it down when the computer is idle. Is there any way to configure it to be smarter?
  • David Gugick
    You can set up Bandwidth Utilization rules in Options | Bandwidth. Create a rule that limits upstream bandwidth during busy times and allows for more use others. That will reduce impact if the backup cannot move faster than the defined rate. You can also then change the backup schedule to run more frequently so you do not have the issue where most of the backup is run at 1 am at a time when the PC might go to sleep or hibernate.
  • Matt
    Let me just add that currently scheduled bandwidth can only be switched between preset parameters(max 1000 Kbytes/s), but in version 5.9 you will be able to enter any number you want manually.
  • donnod
    Hi David & Matt,

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up using Task Scheduler to run the backup plan with cbb.exe every time the workstation is locked, which ensures it is running while the user is not active.

Cheers!
    --
    Don
  • David Gugick
    That's an interesting solution. Thanks for sharing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment