• Sterling
    I've seen in CloudBerry Explorer that you can setup the use of MFA with Amazon S3 and trying to figure out if the use of MFA is available in CloudBerry Drive?
  • David Gugick
    There's no specific, CloudBerry authentication in CloudBerry Drive. All of the authentication happens on the AWS management console side when setting up your storage account and grabbing security credentials. If you want MFA with AWS, you can certainly turn it on. Please refer to this article: https://aws.amazon.com/iam/features/mfa/
  • Sterling
    Thank you David for the prompt response.

We already have MFA turned on AWS and required for access, thereby when we 'Add Storage Account' and Test Connection we get 'Connection success' (added my Access/Secret Key)

When I go to 'Mapped Drive Options' and click the '...' for Path, the next screen comes up, 'Please specify folder' - 'Retrieving data...' - and then the popup - "List buckets access denied"

I've seen this before in another application and solved the issue once I enabled "mfa_serial' to prompt as I was able to enter my code and was given access. My AWS permissions is full admin.

This is why I'm asking if there is a way within CloudBerry Drive to be prompted to enter a MFA code?
  • David Gugick
    That sounds like a permissions issue on the AWS side. I’d recommend you open a support case. I can’t find ay internal docs that might assist. Wish I could be more help.
  • Sterling
    So, does CloudBerry Drive have MFA capability?
  • David Gugick
    I do not believe we support passing MFA requests from AWS S3 accounts into Drive. I'd recommend you work with Support on options. There used to be an MFA option in the product, but I'm not sure if it's for what you need. Support can clarify.
  • Sterling
    Thanks David for taking the time and I'll check with Support as mentioned.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment