• Mark Downes
    I'm creating a "forever forward" image-based backup plan. Under Schedule Options > Forever forward incremental - Edit, I get a dialog entitled "Set forever forward incremental schedule options"
    The type is either Daily or Monthly. Ok, so I guess I want it to be daily and I get to select one or more weekdays. I can also select the time for it to happen, which is fine.

But below this, I've the option to "repeat every X amount of weeks". This is the bit I don't get - I thought I was repeating it every day, as set in the settings above? In this lower section, what is it that I'm repeating every X weeks?

The only thing I can think of is that the first bunch of settings set how often the original backup is updated and the second "repeat every" bit dictates how often I repeat the entire process, including uploading a complete image of the disk from scratch, which seems wasteful of bandwidth and time. Do I have this right?
  • Steve Putnam
    The :"repeat every xx" setting seems irrelevant with FFI. With other backups I used it to run a Full every three months and incrementals every week.
    With FFI, the frequency of the synthetic full is now dictated by the retention period that you set or by the Intelligent Retention if you have it turned on and your retention period is less that the platform minimum.
  • Alexander Negrash
    "Repeat every" can be used if you choose one weekday on the Daily schedule to run a weekly backup every two weeks, for example. For monthly backup, this setting can be used to schedule backups to run once per quarter, etc.
  • Mark Downes
    Thanks guys - I think that explains it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube