• Stratos Misinezis
    I am really confusing about retention policies and in this post I would try to get some answers. So please help and explain as much as you can.
    In a plan there ia a custom retention plocy.
    Questions:
    1. Delete versions older than > 2 year from modification date. Is this refers the versions of a file? i.e when file is changed several times versions of it would be kept for 2 years from first modification date of this file(s)?
    Always keep the last version. How this is reacting with first seeting?
    Keep number of versions (for each file) in this case 10. ( How this setting is related to 2 above settings)
    Thanks in advance.
    Attachment
    custom retention ploicy (29K)
  • Matt

1) This option refers to the timestamp you see in Windows Explorer for your files.

2) Always keep the last version means that if for some reason you have only 1 version of any file left on storage side it will never be purged.

3) "Keep number of versions..." option won't override the second setting, but can override the first one. Basically, if you reach the first threshold of 2 years the software will purge the data before 10 versions were generated on storage side. It will also start deleting the files if they are not yet 2 years old but more than 10 versions were created.

In addition, the option to delete files that have been deleted locally can override any settings above.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment