• Philipp
    Hello,

I'd like to complete my understandig of session encryption. The public key generated when an encrypted session is about to be established seems to be the same all over the place. (Even regarding to the FAQ screenshots, it's always the one starting with ‘PFJTQUtleVZ…’). At least it's the same for all three machines I'm using CBRA on. :chin:

Well, for one thing I know that public keys are named as such for a reason, but I would at least expect an individual keypair per unique machine, but this seems to be the very same public key everywhere. If this would be the case, the only thing I need to know is the 9-digit number of a target with unattended access activated. (Of course I still need windows credentials then, but that's a different story.)

And - ‘regenerate keypair’ on the security options doesn't change anything. :chin:

So am I misunderstanding something?

Best
    Philipp

• HarryB
    As far as I understand, your biggest concern is about the keys not changing

Here are the two keys and I'm not sure if they are equal:

"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"

"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"

Please let me know what version do you use?
  • David Gugick
    Those two keys are different
  • HarryB
    That's right, and that's what I'm trying to show, they are always different, for every machine and every time you regenerate them. Please let me know if I'm missing something from the question.
  • David Gugick
    You said you were not sure if they were equal. Just a typo I'm guessing. Wanted to clarify.
  • HarryB
    Oh, yeah, I just wanted to say that they are different all the time and ask what version you could get identical keys with. We never faced any issues like this.
  • RobHAccepted Answer
    and everyone ... I thought the keys were the same ... but realized they are not the same.

They all start and end with lengthy identical strings - but the middle of the keys are different. I would bet the similarities are for identifying the key in the middle of other information. No proof - just a guess. Otherwise why bother with such a lengthy header and trailer that is always the same?

...regardless I satisfied myself that the keys are different for each machine.
  • Philipp
    Yes and no ... I pasted several keys into a text editor and two were identical, checked via search and compare. But in hindsight I'm not sure whether I made a copy and paste error, so everything's fine, I guess. Thanks for feedback.

Bye
    Philipp
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube