Backups running too long
My backups are taking 20 + hours to run. This is just backing up changes. I have not added any more directories to the plan. I need to make sure that I have my backup plan is optimized for the fastest data backup. I still have more directories to add to the backup plan but I can't have the backup application running 24/7.
I checked out the logs and found the following error:
2018-02-10 00:03:36,660 [VitrualDisk]  WARN - IsPartitioned
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
Position 0 count : 512 . ErrorCode:23 HR:80070017
Is this the issue?
Anyway, is there something that I can change to make the backups complete in a faster time frame?
We have no way of saying where this error comes from for sure since it is returned by the system.
Usually this is an error related to source disk, however, in some cases, it might be the problem with the local destination.
Such an error almost never relates to the cloud storage. Most likely, it means that the files on the system are either corrupted or the hardware does not allow them to be processed. This is most likely what causes this speed issue.
Try applying the following changes
1) Decrease thread count to 2 in Tools > Options > Advanced.
2) Not run backup in high load hours (non working hours are recommended).
3) Please go to Tools - Options - Advanced and reduce Chunk size to 10MB.
Other general suggestions are:
- Check S.M.A.R.T. status of the physical drive that is backed up, for example, with this tool -
- Check that drive's partition file system integrity by executing in elevated CMD:
chkdsk D: /f - where D: is replaced by the right drive letter
You might need to schedule check on next run if it cannot be performed immediately
Here is also the link that you might find helpful:
After that problem is fixed please do the following:
1.Install the latest version of CloudBerry Backup
2. Please start Backup Service under administrator account: go to Tools > Change Service Account, enter local administrator account name and password, click OK. The service will be restarted automatically.
It is generally recommended to use local administrator's account name because domain administrator is not always a local admin on the host machine.
3. Run the backup operation again and check your backup speed.
Sign in or register to add a comment.
Add a Comment
Welcome to MSP360 Forum!
MSP360 Managed Products
Managed Backup - General
Managed Backup Windows
Managed Backup Mac
Managed Backup Linux
Managed Backup SQL Server
Managed Backup Exchange
Managed Backup Microsoft 365
Managed Backup G Workspace
Connect (Remote Desktop)
Backup for Linux
Backup SQL Server
Connect Free/Pro (Remote Desktop)
All Backups Stuck in Running Mode
How to Ensure Full Backups are Running
All Backups stuck at Running
Backups are failing with "connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" error
Terms of Service
Useful Hints and Tips
Created with PlushForums
© 2022 MSP360 Forum