• Mark
    We have an S3 bucket set to move anything older than one year over to Glacier via a lifecycle policy. Now i'm trying to download a few folders from data that has been in S3 longer than one year so it's in Glacier now. I can navigate to the folders I want and when I drag them over to my local drive, it gives each file a task of "Preparing Copy" but they haven't copied. I expected them to copy after 4 or 5 hours but so far nothing. I even left it overnight and no change when I came in the next day. I then thought I'd try right clicking on the folders and selecting Restore from Glacier and I selected one day. Then I waited about 6 hours and tried to copy them but got the same Preparing Copy and then nothing. Any suggestions? Using Explorer for S3 Pro Build 5.8.0.20 on Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks,

Mark
  • Mark
    Well I uninstalled 5.8.0.20 and then installed 5.2.0.14 and was able to copy the files right away. Not sure what the deal is there. Anyone else having problems copying out of glacier with 5.8.0.20?

Thanks,

Mark
  • Sergey N
    Hello Mark,

Unfortunately there is an issue and we are currently working on resolving them with our R&D, it will be fixed in one of the minor Explorer updates. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
  • Mark
    Thanks for letting me know Sergey. Is there a changelog somewhere?
  • Douglas Rowland
    Hi,
    I am having this same issue. I have version 5.8.0.20 . Any ideas?
    Doug
  • Sergey N

Usually we post regarding our updates in the Blog and on the forum, as soon as i will have any updates i will post here and in the Blog.
  • Kurt Larson
    +1

Still hitting this same issue in the current version of Cloudberry Explorer for Amazon S3 v5.9.1.192. Any idea on when this will get fixed?
  • phil555
    I have version 5.9.1.192 and am experiencing this bug. Is this problem going to be insurmountable?
  • Brad Amodeo
    I was on 5.9.1.192 and had the same problem. Earlier today I installed version 5.9.3.5 and it now works works. It showed "Preparing Copy" but I'm not sure how long because I stepped away from my PC for quite a while. When I came back all the files were successfully copied to my local drive.
  • David Gugick
    If you’re using Glacier, Amazon takes 3-5 hours by default to get the files ready for access. You can pay extra for Expedited Retrieval, if time is of the essence.
  • Brad Amodeo
    Thanks David. I did know about the delay with Glacier when I set up my repository. I use it to back up my photography and would only need to retrieve it if my primary and backup hard drives failed (highly unlikely that both would fail at the same time). I did not intend to imply the delay was due to the Cloudberry software. I think the software is FANTASTIC!!
  • David Gugick
    Thanks for the update Brad!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube