• Tyson Nielsen
    Any hope for this known bug to be fixed in the next version of Windows Server Ultimate?

[Base] [1] ERROR - Failed to combine: 'FiretempLogos' and 'Icon'
    [Base] [1] ERROR - Error on list directory
    System.ArgumentException
    Illegal characters in path: 13. Position: 4. Path: 'Icon
    '
    at vG.A(String )
    at vG.B(String , String )
    at vc.A(String , String , String , Boolean , Boolean , SearchOption )

And if so, any ETA on when the next version will drop? I'm seeing lots of movement with the linux/Mac versions, but no updates for the Windows Server one.
  • Matt
    If that's the issue I'm thinking about, it should be fixed in 6.1. Should be available in about a month, maybe a little bit later.
    If the issue occurs when backing up Mac "icon" files it's better to exclude them for now.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    I don't see version 6 as being available. Will the next major release start at 6.1 or is a 6.0 release imminent with 6.1 to follow soon after?

Unfortunately, excluding the icon files doesn't seem to work. I'd love to have it ignore the icons and just back the files up!
  • Matt

That's quite unusual. Excluding those files always helps.
    For more details we need diagnostic logs from the software. You can send them via tools > diagnostic menu.

As for the versions, 6.0 will be available very soon, maybe even next week. 6.1 should follow-up shortly.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    Backing up certain Mac files on a PC fails with the above errors. It's been a known bug since at least May of last year. For now, I use the Mac desktop version, but it's not nearly as full-featured as the Windows Server edition is. I feel like I'm limping along until it gets fixed in the Server edition, but I will follow up with support using the diagnostics menu once version 6.1 is out if it's supposed to fix that!
  • Matt
    The files themselves shouldn't cause the plan to fail. The status will be "Completed with warnings", so those files are skipped, but for now they generate the error message due to how Windows tries to process them.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    The plan will complete, but with any affected files not backed up. It's a pretty significant amount of files (at least a few terabytes worth), so that's why I had to switch to the Mac version until it gets resolved. I suppose I could make note of all of the folders affected and skip those with the server version, then use the Mac version to do the rest, but I'd much rather have my backups in one location.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    Hey Matt, Looks like this is actually working in the latest version of 5.9 Ultimate! I will still wait to re-backup everything until I can verify it's working in 6.0 since I will likely also move to a cheaper storage provider, but this is incredible!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment