• Mark Hamblin
    Does anyone out there have tried and tested solution,.. on how-to backup an active pst file of windows outlook running in a VBox client.
    CBB is running in the native Ubuntu 18.04,.. Whilst the VBox client Running Windows10 has its 'Document' and Outlook files located on a shared native Ubuntu drive. ( so the PST files are not within the actual VBox Win10 file-system ).
    Hope that makes sense.
  • Gleb
    Hello . Ubuntu (and AFAIK any other Linux distro) doesn't have a snapshot mechanism and cannot use VSS.

What might help in your case is to pause the VM, copy the .pst elsewhere on the disk, un-pause the VM and then casually back up the .pst file.

Please give it a try - once, manually - and let me know whether this works for you.

There's a feature we are going to add in a couple of months that would help to automate this, I'd just like to understand whether this is the solution for you or not
  • Mark Hamblin
    HI Gleb,.. Tx for the feedback,.. Yes,.. your manual process does seem to work... Pause the VBox m/c,.. copying the files within Linux.. to /tmp... then backing the /tmp pst file just copied...
    Copying the pst files directly still fails.. which I don't really understand why... I guess there is some sort of file locking going on...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment