• typod
    Is it just me or do the data limits of 1TB and 5TB seem a bit mixed up. I use a server at home to distribute content to other devices as well as storing the bulk of my content on and I want to back this up to the cloud.

First I need to buy the server version, which i am fine with but then they put a 1TB data limit on the volume you can manage were the desktop version have 5TB. After speaking to support I need to buy the Ultimate version to support more than 1TB on a server. Servers by their nature would generally store more data and should receive the same 5TB limit as the desktop version of the product.

So the cost has gone from $49.99 for the Pro version to $199 for the Server version, which I can take but not I need to buy the Ultimate version at $299 which is too much. I don't need to backup Exchange or SQL I just need more than 1TB of data to be supported.

I have tried all the usual suspects and CBB seams the best out ther for what I need but I won't spend $299 on it, I will make do with another product [...]

Is there any way to get the server version to support more than 1TB or do I go elsewhere?
  • typod
    ***Price for server is $119 and not $199. My mistake
  • Matt
    Well, that's how our licensing model currently works, the only way to increase that limit is to upgrade to the Ultimate version.
  • typod
    Thanks for the response, it's not a customer friendly policy in my opinion but you are entitled to license your software however you want. Shame you will be missing out on sales.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment