• SeanD
    I'm restoring a non-encrypted bare-metal image backup from S3 into a dynamic Hyper-V Virtual Disk. I'm only restoring the MBR disk. It fails each time I try:

After 10min (2.7GB of downloaded data), it failed, with a Last Result of:
    Type Plan Name File Size Result Start Time Finish Time Duration Message
    Restore Restore plan on 3/27/2019 6:47:34 AM 2 101977168421 Failed 2019-03-27 06:47:42 2019-03-27 06:57:55 613 Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

From what I can tell, there was an invalid array index exception in a VB script. Is this a known bug, is there a workaround? I'm using the latest CloudBerry Backup software.
  • Matt
    Just to clarify: are you trying to restore that image by somehow mounting bootable USB on a VM and then trying to recover the data from it or using this method https://help.cloudberrylab.com/cloudberry-backup/restore/restore-an-image-based-backup/step-5-specify-the-restore-destination/restore-to-virtual-disk ?
    The second procedure is the correct one.

I saw this error only a couple of times, but only during backups, so this is pretty unusual.
  • SeanD
    Thanks for the quick response. My steps are similar to the above doc page. This is a restore of a bare metal image to a Virtual Disk file on a local disk destination (not a mounted USB). I've also tried writing to a NAS with the same result, as well as restoring all disks, not just the MBR drive.

Here's the callstack I'm seeing in the log. From experience, I'd say you have a string format spec in the code that doesn't match the number of arguments given.

2019-03-27 11:23:54,160 [PL] [8] ERROR - Error occurred on restore
    System.FormatException
    Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
    at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
    at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
    at Oz.a(Int32 )
    at Oz.gR(Int32 )
    at aZY.A(Nullable`1 )
    at aZY.Read(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
    at DiscUtils.BuiltStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at DiscUtils.SnapshotStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at DiscUtils.SubStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at DiscUtils.BuiltStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at DiscUtils.Utilities.ReadFully(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
    at DiscUtils.StreamPump.RunSparse()
    at BbL.gm(DiskImageFileSpecification )
    at Bbk.SX(SparseStream )
    at BbH.A(aAm , aCW , Bbh )
    at OQ.Fu()
    at aCX.Ls()
    at aEp.D()
  • Matt
    Pretty unusual to see these errors on restore. Make sure you're on the latest version, reproduce the problem and send us the diagnostic logs via tools > diagnostic menu. Mention this thread in the issue description please.
  • SeanD
    Ok, I've sent the diagnostic to support. I'm using build 6.0.0.249.
  • Ed Poulton-Gee
    I'm currently seeing this error whilst trying to restore a bare-metal VM from S3

Running version 6.0.0.249

Were you able to find a work around?
  • Matt
    This problem will be fixed in version 6.1 which is scheduled for release next week(although delays may happen). If you create a ticket by sending us the logs with reference to this forum thread I might be able to provide an early build.
  • Ed Poulton-Gee
    Hi Matt, thanks for getting back to me. I had raised a ticket previously, ticket ID: ## 227494 ##
    Please let me know if you're able to get an early build. Cheers!
  • Matt
    Yep, found the ticket. Check your inbox, I already sent you the link with the build.
  • Nick Bosworth
    Hi Matt! I'm actually having the exact same problem with a client site and need to restore files ASAP. Are you able to send me the 6.1 software build as well? Thank you!
  • Nick Bosworth
    Also just FYI that I'm trying to perform a File Level Restore backup from daily image backups which I've never had a problem restoring from up to today. Thanks again!
  • Nick Bosworth
    Sorry Matt just adding that opened support ticket [##232257##] if that helps. Thanks!
  • Matt
    Sorry, at this point we're not allowed to provide early builds, that's QA decision. I hope there will be no more delays with 6.1(there's already been 2), I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the official release, which hopefully happens next week.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment