• Miguel Modesto
    I have a doubt about the execution of some routines. The backup was showing the percentage of completion in 47%, until it went to 0% again
    The uploaded data is showing the correct amount.
    Is the process stuck, and if it is, is there a way to restart the routine without losing the progress?
    If I wait for some time, will the process keep on going from where it stoped?
  • Vic360
    We encountered a similar situation. Back-up was running for several days and started from zero again.
    Better Error handling would be appreciated. If an Error is detected, please notify the user about the problem and display some kind of error information. We do not expect perfection, but we don't want to create another Microsoft ("Blue Screen"? nah, those don't exist....)
  • Alexander Negrash
    Can you share more details on your backup configuration:

- Are you using New Backup Format or the legacy one?
    - What is the Operating System?
    - What is the backup plan type, e.g., Image-Based, File-Level?
    - Does that happen during full or incremental backup?
  • Vic360
    Alexander,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, for MY situation, we are in that awkward "straddling the fence" position where we are ready to use the New Backup Format but the server drives filled up while we are using the legacy, File-Level format. (BEFORE my time) And our founder also recently re-arranged the structure of files/folders, so an entire back-up was forced. Throw in some storms, atmospheric rivers, barometric bombs, and it's been challenging. We are struggling with a 25TB volume that has been backing up (legacy, File-Level) since March 6 with some blackout and Internet interruptions, but currently shows 42% complete. IF we can trust that number, we might be looking at a few weeks before we can move forward.

I've recently forwarded some Logs and trying to schedule time with Dylan for a real-time look at what we can measure to make the decision between "let the old Plan complete" versus "switch to a new plan by starting over" which is where we are stuck. It's just that straddling becomes painful over time.

Suggestions/thoughts/recommendations are appreciated. I'm back at the office on Thursday for more troubleshooting, so keeping my fingers crossed.

VM
  • Alexander Negrash
    Please send me your ticket number. I will check
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal