• M1Systems
    I had an instance of Ultimate running on my Windows domain controller that has now melted down. I have an image backup in AWS and need to restore the system on a new drive. In the documentation I see an option to restore to a physical disk. What I'm wondering is do I install CloudBerry on some other machine, plug the new drive into it, run the restore, then plug the new drive back into my server?
  • Alexander Negrash
    You can create a Bootable USB in the agent on any other computer and then boot from it on the machine you want to restore.
  • M1Systems
    I was finally able to restore it to a new physical disk and got it back up and running.

Unfortunately when I was rerunning the restore plan a second time because of some issues in haste I accidently selected the wrong disk and wiped a large drive where most of my data was stored and wasn't fully backed up. So now I'm having to run a file restore app to see what I can salvage. Would be nice if there was a warning that said something like hey this isn't a blank drive might want to check you're selecting.
  • Alexander Negrash
    I'm sorry you deleted valuable data during the restore. I will add a feature request to the system
  • M1Systems
    Looks like the file recovery software has found a lot of files but isn't able to recover the paths or file names. However the most critical data I'm trying to recover is part of a system I'm developing that has the metadata like file sizes and hashes so if the files I'm after are in this mess I'll be able to resolve this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment