• Jackie Gibbs
    Hi I keep getting this message with different workstations and a server.

One or more data parts are missing on backup storage for restore point: 4/26/2023 12:13 AM. This restore point and all the following restore points may not be restored properly. A full backup was executed instead of the planned incremental backup and a new generation was created

There has to be a better way to do this without creating a full backup. I would rather lose the incremental backups and create a new incremental then have to run a full backup again. I had to do this with a server recently. Backing up 700gb is not a viable option.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Can you please send the logs? Let me know the ticket #, and I will check with the dev team on the fix
  • Jackie Gibbs
    This has happened on multiple workstations and laptops. It's a generic error. I understand the reason. I just want to have the option to lose some incremental backups versus having to make another full backup in the even that one of the incrementals fail.
  • Alexander Negrash
    I got it. The dev team is working on the fix. Should be out soon
  • Jackie Gibbs
    This is still happening with the newest update. I have multiple laptops and desktops from different customers that are currently running full backups right now as I type this. This isn't acceptable. You need to come up with a solution that allows the user to decide if a full backup should be completed. I would rather lose the incremental backups then lose the full backup.
  • Alexander Negrash
    It's planned for the next Windows Backup release 7.8.7. Should be out in May
  • Jackie Gibbs
    This still isn't fixed. I have 17 backups running right now that will show this error. What's the point of running this type of backup if the S3 storage provider has an issue sometime and now 17 computers will have to run a fresh full backup? It doesn't even delete the previous backup either so I have to manually go into Cloudberry Explorer and delete the previous backups. Do I need to look at another provider for backups?
  • Alexander Negrash
    Please PM me the names of the computers with this problem
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube