• Florian
    Hi,
    are there any plans to offer an ready to run appliance for the backup software? I mainly use MSP360 to backup virtual machines, running on vmware, therefore ist would be great that you offer a ready to run appliance, this would also impove security and would provide a better potection against ransomware.

My current workaround is to create a W11 virtual machine which only runs the vmware edition of MSP360. I like the way synology goes, to offer the backup software on it's nas, and the clients onyl have agents.

Greetings,
    Florian
  • Alexander Negrash
    Thanks for the question. This is something we consider for the future. Would an instant restore to a local VM approach address your request, or is there something particular you want with an appliance-type solution? Object-lock on storage should protect data from ransomware. Appreciate your feedback!
  • Florian
    Hi,
    basically I would like to have a webbased appliance, where I can manage all backups of a local environment. In the MSP web application I get a list of appliances with it's plans instead of a list of all client where the backup software is installed.
    If a server (virtual or physical) crashes/get destroyed I only need the applicance, enter the credentials and I see all backups crated locally, or in the cloud. The I can directly start the recovery process for any virtual machine.

On security side and more or less read only appliance with totally different credentials to login would also protect the environment against ransomare. And yes, object-lock on the backup destination for a certain time would be great.

Our usually backup sceario looks the following way: We have a dedicated W11 computer which only runs MSP360, not part of any domain, with separate credentials. Than we have a local NAS, also not part of any domain, with separate credentials. There we have our local backup. For offside backup we use a cloud provider, based on the wishes of the customer. This scenario is also the reason, why we would like to have an applicance approach.

Florian
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet