• Stoffl
    Hi guys,

I am new to Remote Assistant and have two questions.
    First when I disconnect and sometime later try to connect again the client does not answer. Only if I reentry via other software and click at the Remote Assistant icon I can reconnect via Remote Assistant. How to fix this?
    Secondly, can I keep my pin even if I restart the program at the client computer? If so how to do?
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

First when I disconnect and sometime later try to connect again the client does not answer. Only if I reentry via other software and click at the Remote Assistant icon I can reconnect via Remote Assistant. How to fix this?

Usually it shouldn't be like this, may i ask you to send us Diagnostic Info from the machines in question. Simply navigate to Main Menu - Diagnostic - fill in the contact details and press Send, please mention this forum post in the description.

Secondly, can I keep my pin even if I restart the program at the client computer? If so how to do?

Same here, we need the info to understand the possible reason of the issue. Thank you and will be waiting for the requested data.
  • Tony
    I'm having the same problem as Stoffl on one particular computer. The problem isn't consistent. Even remotely rebooting the computer, it gave an "not connectable" message. It only came right after launching Cloudbase from the launch icon. (after travelling 120kms to do that). It happens infrequently.
    A thought.......... could launching VPN software on the remote computer have an adverse effect? Doing so doesn't seem to affect the control of the remote computer? I connected a SonOff switch to reboot the remote computer just in case it did, so it is a mystery why it doesn't show itself as "on Line" after a full re-start.

Also.... as Sergey says, the pin changes on every reboot even though the box to change pin is not ticked. As far as remote access is concerned, the pin is useless in that case.
  • Tony
    Just had a play and if you use a VPN then you'll possibly have problems. I use VPN.ac from time to time on the remote computer. Connecting to it with Cloudbase with the VPN activated, it authenticates and immediately disconnects. Activating the VPN after connection seems to have no ill effect and deactivating the VPN before disconnecting the remote control allowed re-connection 5 out of 6 times. The one time it refused, I rebooted and was able to connect.
    So really I'm none the wiser other than the VPN could be a prime suspect.
    Teamviewer seems to be happy with VPN's so obviously uses a different hand-shaking method.
  • Tony
    OK. I've found how to replicate Stofl's problem in a Windows 10 computer.
    1. In General Options, "Minimize" and "Close" to System Tray are ticked
    2. Launch CRA and then close it by clicking the X top right corner.
    3. Go to system tray and right click on the CRA icon
    4. (choices are Restore or Exit). Click on Exit.
    5. Reboot computer.
    6. No matter how many times you reboot, when attempting to connect to it you will get the Message
    "Can't connect, looks like the remote computer is offline or ID is incorrect"
    7. Launching CRA enables a connection to it.
    8. Even after a reboot, connections can be made.

Conclusion:
    1. CRA will perform as it should as long as your computer is shut down with CRA still listening in the background
    2. If you exit CRA or something forces it to exit, it will not load correctly next time you start the computer.
    Only by manually starting CRA will it perform correctly.

Hopefully the Developers will look into why this is so????
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment