• Stevesss
    Hello everyone,

I've been encountering problems while restoring large files using MSP360. The restore process seems to take an exceptionally long time and sometimes it even fails. Here are a few details and questions I have::

File Size and Type::- Are there specific file sizes or types that are known to cause issues during restoration ?? Any best practices to handle large files ??

Internet Connection::- Could fluctuations in my internet connection be causing these delays and failures: ?? What can I do to mitigate this: ??

Restore Points::- Is it more efficient to restore from the most recent backup point or should I consider restoring from an older point: ??

Software Configuration::- Are there any particular settings within MSP360 that I should check or tweak to improve restore speeds: ??

Any insights or suggestions would be highly appreciated! I also went through this thread: https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/2332/large-file-resorted-in-parts-msbi but couldn't get the solution.

Thank You
    Steve
  • Alexander Negrash

Answering your questions:
    File Size and Type::- Are there specific file sizes or types that are known to cause issues during restoration ?? Any best practices to handle large files ??Stevesss
    Generally file size and type doesn't affect restore speed. That large number (I mean millions) of small files can slow down the restore process.

Internet Connection::- Could fluctuations in my internet connection be causing these delays and failures: ?? What can I do to mitigate this: ??Stevesss
    Bandwidth of course can impact restore speed. Get a stable and fast internet connection or do local backups

Restore Points::- Is it more efficient to restore from the most recent backup point or should I consider restoring from an older point: ??Stevesss
    Doesn't matter. Large number of restore points within the same backup generation can slow down restore speed significantly, but it doesn't really matter which restore point you're restoring as long as you have reasonable amount with a backup generation.

Software Configuration::- Are there any particular settings within MSP360 that I should check or tweak to improve restore speeds: ??Stevesss
    Not that I know

How big are the files you are trying to restore and how long does it take to restore? What is your expectation?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment