• Josep
    When configuring an image-based backup to Wasabi, under RetentionI can enable "Object Lock (Immutability)".
    I don't have that option when configuring MS SQL backups.
    In the Windows Console, the plan that I have created, shows that "Object Lock (Immutability)" is disabled.
    The MS SQL is backing up to the same Wasabi bucket as the Image-based backup.

Is it possible to enable Object Lock (Immutability) for MS SQL backups? If so, how?

• Alexander Negrash
    Object-Lock is only available with the New Backup Format, which has not yet been introduced for SQL Server backup. Though there is a way to enable object lock directly on the bucket https://docs.wasabi.com/docs/object-locking-enable
  • Josep
    Thanks for the feedback.
    In the past, I had issues with coordination immutability on the Wasabi's side and the retention periods on MSP360's side, and I stopped doing that so that everything was managed directly by MSP360's with the Object-Locking option.
    I have the MS SQL plan backing up to the same bucket as the Image-based plan.
    I understand that to do what you say, I will have to create a separate bucket just for this :sad:

Is there any date for the implementation of Object-locking on MS SQL plans?
  • Alexander NegrashAccepted Answer
    I don't have a date, but I will add you to the list of requesters.
  • Tony Evert

Please add us too. This is very important.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment