• AB501UTI0N
    Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed that when the Encryption option is turned on for a CloudBerry backup job the backup performance / speed is so slow? By slow I mean 10-15MBps instead of 80-100MBps.

I was previously using Shadow Protect and when encryption was enabled it backed up at basically the same speed as if it were not encrypted. So I cannot understand why it is so slow and intern makes restoring a clients data so slow to the point where I am looking at going back to Shadow Protect.

Thanks - Chris
  • David Gugick
    Encryption shouldn't add any noticeable impact to backups or restores. Can you elaborate if this is a backup, restore, or you're having the issue on both? Have you changed the default settings for Threads?
  • AB501UTI0N
    The encryption speed issue impacts both backup & restore jobs. Also I have not changed the default thread settings.
  • David Gugick
    Support needs to have a look at the logs. Tools - Diagnostic in the agent will send them to us for review.
  • David Gugick
    Can you also clarify: Are you backing up a VM? How many CPU Cores are available for backup? How much memory on the PC? Where are you sending the backups?
  • AB501UTI0N
    Sorry for the delay in replying! I am backing up a Virtual Machine and it has 8 virtual CPU cores assigned to it. Also the Thread count in CloudBerry is set to 4 and the backups are being sent to a Synology NAS on the same gigabit network.

I have also sent the Diagnostic logs through to support as a couple of minutes ago.
  • Julia
    Thanks for the details. Please inform the ticket # so that I can check the progress for you.
  • AB501UTI0N
    Hi Julia, my ticket number is... #95085
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube