• Terry Dean
    I would like to do full system image Backups and Restores from either a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro PC.
    Will the Server Version of Cloudberry Backup for Windows Server run on these Windows consumer OS'es?
    Will the Create Restore USB Flash work ?
    Can you also image and restore to/from external USB disks?
    Any information on these questions will be appreciated.
    TIA
  • Terry Dean
    David: Thanks for your reply but I guess what I was asking was is either Desktop pro or the server version able to image multiple partitions on a single internal disk drive. I have 6 partitions on my disk 0 and I want to create a master image of disk 0 with the 6 partitions on it in a single image file.

I guess I should add that I currently only have the FREE version and when I click on Image based or Make Bootable USB they open a windows to buy Server edition.....Are these enabled in the Desktop Pro.

I don't know if I would have to image all the partitions on the disk to restore? Perhaps I could get away with just imaging the Windows partition ?
  • Vlad L

Free version doesn't support Image Based backup, you would need to use Desktop Pro (my colleague already provided the link).

Also please check our help portal regarding Image Based Backup creation:
    https://help.cloudberrylab.com/cloudberry-backup/backup/backup-types/image-based-backup

You can choose only system required partitions or backup all the drives - it depends only on your needs.
  • Terry Dean
    VLAD thanks for the response. I will install Desktop Pro to play with
  • David Gugick
    I think Vlad answered your follow-up questions. For anyone else reading this post, CloudBerry Backup Server Edition can be used on Windows Desktop OSs. So, if you have an extra CloudBerry Backup Server license and need to use it on Windows 7/8/10, you can do so. But if you are looking for a new license, then you can purchase Desktop Pro which supports both file and image backup.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment