• SJohn
    Hi there. When using remote assist I have been trying to install a program on the remote machine but I always get kicked off with a message saying the remote machine has paused your session. Surely this can't be right as this is a common requirement in remote support? Is there something I need to switch off?
  • Gleb
    Hello , we will need some more information from your side. Please use Menu > Diagnostics > Send to provide our Support Team with the required info. Please mention this forum thread in description so we can relate it.
    Thanks in advance!
  • SJohn
    Hi there. I can't connect to this machine again without getting the customer to let me on. I'll try it on another machine at my place if you're not aware of any restriction preventing me run an exe over a remote control session.
  • David Gugick
    My guess is the install is triggering UAC, which is putting Windows in its Secure Desktop mode. If you are using the latest CloudBerry Remote Assistant on both ends (and not using the Quick Support EXE), then the Remote Assistant will prevent UAC prompts from triggering the Secure Desktop - and that will allow you to accept the elevation request without the remote session being paused.

If you are using the Quick Support option, then we cannot control this setting during the remote session.

But if you're seeing behavior inconsistent with what I said above, please do what Gleb suggested and send us the diagnostic logs.

As far as unattended access, there is an option to enable in the Remote Assistant (not the Quick Support option).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment