• Steve D
    Our Hybrid backup is reporting that the local USB drive is full.

We've got a new larger drive but I'm not sure of the best procedure for swapping them.

Will it work if I swap the drives over and run a full backup or will that loose the connection with the remote data stored on Amazon S3 servers? Or can I just move the contents of the old drive to the new drive and swap them over?
  • Matt
    Currently the best way would be to re-create the plan, since the disk ID is written in the original configuration of the plan. You can actually first copy the contents of the original usb to the new one, make sure that the drive letter is the same for the new local storage account, synchronize the repository for both local and cloud destinations(tools > options > repository) and after that run your newly created plan.
  • Steve D
    Thanks Matt.

Do I need to register the new disk under Registered Accounts and point the new plan to that for the local storage or use the same registered account used with the old disk?
  • Matt
    You can edit an existing account and just re-select your USB drive, that should help.
  • Steve D
    The new disk is up and running and backup is working.

Thanks for your help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet