• Martin W
    I created a File backup with a "Backup Chain" action to run after a SQL Server backup completes. I want to edit the plan and remove the "Backup Chain" action. However, when I edit the plan and navigate through all the options, the "Backup Chain" option never appears. It looks like I cannot edit/remove that action. Is that correct, or am I overlooking something?

• David GugickAccepted Answer
    Are you sure you are editing the correct plan? You should edit the SQL Server plan based on your example. The Backup Chain is located on the Pre/Post Actions tab in the wizard.
  • Martin W
    Ah! Ok... The UI is confusing. In the list of backup plans, the "Run after:" note appears on the File backup plan, so that's the one I was trying to edit. Perhaps the SQL Server backup plan should say "Run next:" insteadl?
  • David Gugick
    I'll check that and enter a change request for the engineering team as needed. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Sean
    The backup chain option is not available when editing plans through the rmm dashboard, correct? I only see this option when editing a plan through the client...will it be available anytime soon?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment