• thewiseboatmaker
    Not sure if others have found this too..?
    Working on an ad-hoc network, connecting to one of the machines we are struggling with a lag on the connection making it very hard to remote control the pc. Previously we used teamviewer and didn't have an issue with the connection, so we know it's achievable.
    I have a ticket open but i'm interested if anyone else has experienced this..
  • Gleb
    Hello . As stated in the ticket, that's most likely caused by the current architecture of Remote Assistant - the connections are not direct, all data goes (encrypted) over our servers.
    We currently run internal tests for the direct connection, so it's very likely we'll publish it soon. How soon - this will depend on how the tests go
  • thewiseboatmaker
    I really look forward to this development. I think direct is the best way as it will make working on the remote connection far easier.

I also think that allowing multiple connections at the same time is something that would be a huge advantage, which is perhaps something more possible with the direct connection version.

Eagerly awaiting the update..
    Please don't hesitate to send me the Beta version in the meantime :)

Thanks.
  • Gleb
    , I'll send you a link shortly in the support ticket you have with us.
  • Gleb
    Hi , the reaction time should be OK in case direct connection is used (otherwise the whole connection is send through our servers and the nearest to you is located in Sydney).

We could check out the exact numbers if you sent us the diagnostic logs - you can do that in Menu > Diagnostic > Send. Please refer to this Forum thread so that we have the context intact
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment