• Computer Troubleshooters - Pittsburgh
    Hi All,

I have seen how to do a file level restore from an image using the client software. I am wondering if there is a way to do this via the console so it can be done without having to control a client's computer. If I simply create a restore plan, I don't see the Backup Storage tab, so I don't get the option to browse files to restore from the full image backup.

• MattAccepted Answer
    This functionality is not yet available in web dashboard, but it's definitely on our road map.
    I've added you to the list of clients to be notified upon its release.
  • Brett
    So what is the status on this? 9 months have gone by and this basic functionality is still not in the product portal. Tough to use the product without these basic functionalities like configuring image based templates, restore file level from image based, etc...
  • Matt
    Sorry, no ETA yet. Extracting files remotely from an image-based backup is a little bit more challenging than simple file restore and we want to make sure we make it right.
  • Brett
    Well i think in 9+ months you could do that. Seems like it's not a priority.
  • Matt
    Don't have any particular info on why the release is delayed, so it's difficult to say what is the current status of implementation.
  • Dustin
    I know this is an old thread but was the feature ever implemented? I don't see that it was and this was on the roadmap 6 years ago. Just curious as it would be nice to have. I can browse the files on the we console but there is no quick restore like on the desktop client.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment