• James
    Is there a way to either delete selectively or entire computers from the MSP Console? If I delete a machine from the Capacity Report view, will that delete the cloud storage for that device?

Also a related question, is there any way from the MSP Console to determine the folder name that would be used in the cloud bucket?

• Matt
    Currently the files can only be deleted from the backup storage tab via software GUI. This might change in the future.

To delete everything that was backed up by a certain machine follow this guide: https://mspbackups.com/Admin/Help.aspx?c=Contents%2Fhelp_drop_users.html

By the "folder name" I presume you're referring to the backup prefix. You can also do that by manually typing it. Note that all backups from the old folder need to be transferred to the new one manually after that. Or you can start from scratch.
  • Anton ZorinAccepted Answer

1. It won't. You can go to Users->Users page and click on the red cross for a specific user which has a computer configured to. By clicking the red cross you will a pop-up that will show a selection of what to delete (all/specific computer/delete nothing, but the user reference). Deleting from Capacity report won't delete data in the cloud.

2. Folders in the cloud depend on users.
    Go to Users->Users and click on the user icon on the lefthand side of the screen and you will see its user-id in a pop-up. In the bucket, it will be like %bucketname%\MBS-%user-id%
  • James
    Thanks Anton. That is the info I was looking for.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment