• tobias
    Hello,

We are developing an interface using the MBS API 2.0, to do that with more details to our customer it will be interessant if we could show to them their backup logs, and our customer service can help them if there is any problem. There is some way i can get the logs through the API, or direct by the cloudberry client and send to my API?
  • Anton Zorin
    , thanks for the question.

It's not available via the API.
    Though, it's available to download the logs from a backup client. This could be achieved with our CLI.
    Do you have anything to call that command on your endpoints?
  • tobias
    using this command cbb.exe sendLog ?

Actually i need to receive the log through my api endpoint.
  • Anton Zorin
    , thank you for the clarification.
    I have filed an enhancement request in our system.
    I'll get back to you as soon as it's implemented.
  • tobias
    , i have a pre-action that makes an command to generate an dump file for my database. If the pre-action fails, i want to get the log and send to my API. To do that, i've built an exe file that makes a mysqldump command (for example), if this command fails the message error from my programming language return to my api. But if i could get all log from my backup plan it will help me more. I've thought on use post-action to read the log and sent to my API, but the log its written only when pre-action, backup and post-action ends. Any tips, how can i achieve this?
  • Alex
    let me pitch in here. I've just clarified everything with our developers and unfortunately, currently, it's not possible via our API. Anton submitted an FR in our task tracking system for required improvements to be implemented.
  • tobias
    All Right! Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube