• Tim Ecott
    I am new to this software, having been a user of TeamViewer until recently. I have the software working on Windows 10 PC's OK. But is it the case that it does not let me access management things - such as Task Manager/Windows Firewall etc?? If I do, at present, it seems to open the required window, then lock up. I have to get the supported person to close the window for me before I can proceed. Is this an issue with the software or with my settings??
    Both PCs are Windows 10. Supporter PC (me) running the full Cloudberry s/w, and the supported PC running the Cloudberry Quick Support s/w. Any help welcome. Thank you.
  • Tim Ecott
    I think I have solved my own problem!
    I found that if you run both the Supporter (Full version s/w) AND the Client (QuickSupport s/w) AS ADMIN, then it is possible to access and control management functions such as the Task Manager and the Firewall.
    I have changed desktop icons for the Full, and the Client software to 'run as Administrator'. It then works. Thought it best to post this solution as it might help others.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Tim,

That is correct, those are limitations of Windows Session Manager, our Quick Support module doesn't have Admin rights by default, however, if you will use Unattended Access there shouldn't be any issues with UAC, which is effectively the main reason for this behavior. Anyway, thank you for sharing your thoughts we will add it to our Help section definitely.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment