• James Wilmoth
    We use 365, not Amazon, for all our backup solutions. Hence, I switched out Notification Service to SMTP and attempted to configure to our Office 365 relay like we do Veeam, Datto, StorageCraft, etc. However, it does not appear to be working, and I suspect this is because the MSP portal only has the option for SSL, not TLS. I need TLS/StartTLS. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-office-3

chrome-2019-09-16-08-27-42.png
  • Matt
    Yes, we're aware of this problem and have a separate task to support o365 SMTP. Currently I can't recommend using that until we officially introduce this type of notification service.
  • James Wilmoth
    Well, Matt. I have a problem now. It was working before on the MSP portal's SES. I only changed it because I wanted the emails to route through our 365 service going forward. Now that I realize, after the fact, that this isn't supported (hint hint--it would have been nice to read a blurb about what SMTP relay features are supported and what are not beforehand), I have a broken notification service. Please switch it back from the back end since I cannot do this from my side. Ticket Id : #254044
  • Matt
    Yep, I saw the ticket. Just reverted your notification settings to default.
  • britannic
    I have the same problem with SMTP setup, opened ticket #266043 with Tech Support. The help article Nick (support tech) sent, doesn't open, so I'm stuck:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to mbshelp.cloudberrylab.com . PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
  • Ethan Sed

Thank you very much for noting us, could you please confirm that the notifications work well now, as they should have been reverted back to our notification service for your MSP account?
  • Shawn Miller
    Has this issue with OFC365 been resolved yet?
  • Matt
    Just checked and o365 notifications are in the testing phase, no target release yet.
  • Ray C
    Is there any update on this? DMARC is forcing me to check spam folders everyday for my e-mails coming from CBL and I would like to setup a custom SMTP server.

Has anyone else found a work around if DMARC is setup on your domain to avoid junk? Setting up a connector also requires TLS.
  • Yuriy N
    As discussed, option box "SSL" does include "TLS" support as well. Seems like the root of the issue is incorrect domain in the "From" field. Added your email to the respective task in order to make our service more clear in terms of setup.
  • Andrius
    So I see this problem was discussed 10months ago, we use mspbackups as well and have problems with sending notifications as only port 25 works well nothing else. START/TLS 587 or SSL 465 doesn't work till today!!! Tried to use MDaemon and Microsoft relays none of the worked.
  • Andrius
    ok it has worked if to untick ssl box and use port 587
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube