• BatBytes
    1. can't access settings on the remote pc while connected to it.
    2. file transfer - upload or download - does not show all folders on the remote pc. I have some folders on the desktop that I need to access but file transfer does not show them. It also does not show all folders on the remote pc hard drive.
    3. file transfer is hard to use and not at all intuitive, in my opinion.
    I offer these problems in hopes that it will help you improve your product.
  • BatBytes
    another problem:
    file transfer ran for nearly 40 minutes(26 MB file) and then died; "Disconnect: transport error". I know you may not like to be compared to other software, but Teamviewer file transfer is easy, fast and intuitive. TV transferred the same file in less than 5 mins. I really had high hopes for Remote Assistant.
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

1. can't access settings on the remote pc while connected to it.

What kind of settings would you like to change while connected? Some global ones or session settings?

2. file transfer - upload or download - does not show all folders on the remote pc. I have some folders on the desktop that I need to access but file transfer does not show them. It also does not show all folders on the remote pc hard drive.

Just checked on my side and everything is working correctly, don't forget to check out this guide on how the File Transfer system works in our product.

3. file transfer is hard to use and not at all intuitive, in my opinion.
    I offer these problems in hopes that it will help you improve your product.

I agree we are in fact discussing internally for a long time the possibility of redesigning this feature.
  • BatBytes
    re. 1. I wanted to change the folder to where files were uploaded.
    re. 2. I am sending 2 pix which show the folders on the desktop and what RA file transfer is showing.
    Attachments
    Folders on desktop (24K)
    RA File Transfer when upload files is selected (39K)
  • Sergey N
    Hello, you can change the default folder for the File Transfers to be put in simply by navigating here in the Main Menu - Options:

1qft8np79x1uzwc7.png
  • BatBytes
    per my first post -- can not access these settings on a remote pc while connected to it with Remote Assistant.
  • Sergey N
    That is correct, those options are configured locally. We are currently thinking about a way to do it remotely. Keep an eye on the updates. Thank you.
  • karlwachs
    very simple question, where do I find my computer id?
    when starting remote assistant on two MACs(10.14.6) it starts with a screen to enter the remote computer id. = the other computer on Bothe MACs. It should show my id first according to manual. what am I doing wrong?
    thanks

Karl
  • Sergey N
    Hello Karl,

macOS version is not yet able to host a session, this feature is coming a bit later next year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment