• Patty
    Cloudberry takes a very long time to establish a connection and sometimes does not connect at all.

Once connected, the response time is very long (many seconds) and sometimes non responsive. If it does respond, it will freeze after a few seconds.

My internet connection is good and I cannot think of any other issues. Please advise
  • Patrick P

Patty

You will see other similar threads in this forum. I have experienced the same situation/problem. To the best of my knowledge no user has received any official response. I sent in a diagnostic ticket but nothing beyong an automated response indictaing it was received.

Regards

Patrick
  • Patty
    Maybe time to go back to Teamviewer - I never had connection or speed issues and another advantage: Android is available
  • Kim
    Good to see I'm not the only one. The programs I'm accessing remotely and trying to work with are annoyingly very very slow to respond. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Prior to that it was fantastic but is now a pain in the rear end. It would be nice to get a technical response as to why this is happening and if there is a solution.
  • SimonD
    I also have this problem with slow connection and connection time. My internet connection is really good on both sides so that cant be the cause. Really hope the devs are working towards a solution. Always thought cloudberry was the perfect alternative to teamviewer.
  • Philipp
    I have to join into this issue, very similar observations here (Germany) since a few days (not exactly to pinpoint, after holiday and turn of the year back to everyday operation since Monday, 6th Jan. Issue appears since then, maybe earlier):

"Connecting..." status displayed for 30~60 seconds after starting RA.
    Subsequently "Registration in progress..." status displayed for 10~20 seconds
    After that "Ready to Connect" status display.
    When connecting afterwards, all the steps displayed also take much longer than, well, last year.

When operating a remote session, this works for up to maybe a minute or shorter, then a phase of extreme lagging follows (10/20/30 seconds for even executing a mouseclick on the remote machine), unclear duration, then maybe again a short phase of relatively fluent operation, then again lagging and alternating these in the subsequent time.

Plz explain and update – tnx in advance
    Philipp
  • Sergey N
    Hello All,

Thank you for pointing it out, we are going to restart the EU-Region servers in about 40 minutes, the downtime would be around 1 minute or so. You will see the warning before the restart itself. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
  • Gran
    Hello Sergey

I am in eastern US and I can confirm that this issue the others described is still occurring for me.
  • Patty
    Hello Sergey

Still having the same issue - the restarting of servers did not help
  • Philipp
    Unfortunately I have to add my own "almost no improvement" comment. There was one positive change: The pre-remote connection to RA servers now happens instantly instead of up to a minute "connecting" and up to another minute "registration". But after that when in fact connecting to a remote machine that session still lags like before. Same behaviour: a couple of seconds fluent workflow and subsequently up to a minute for a simple mouseclick. Repeat.

Hoping for soon improvements with best regards
    Philipp
  • Daniel Strid
    +1

Based in Sweden and the problem started before Christmas for me and still no solution or response to support tickets sent in. I liked the software but will have to abandon it now because it is useless with 20-60sec response time.
  • Patty
    Update as of Jan 11: Great improvement - connection time is now seconds and once connected to the remote computer, response time is much better - still not perfect (you can see some lag) but a huge improvement. Hopefully this keeps up.
    Thank you
  • Philipp

Cautious reluctant all-clear from me (Germany) …:

Since connecting this morning to a remote machine and working on it for shorter and longer intervals and longer and shorter breaks without disconnecting in-between RA's behaviour seems to have returned to pre-christmas performance for now. Anyone else observing this?

Whatever you did in addition to that restart, it seems to have worked out positively.

Cheers
    Philipp
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube