• Jean Eden
    Hi
    I have a few times experienced that suddenly I can't access a remote pc and during investigation I found, that the remote pc has changed ID and encryption code. And it has happened on different remote computers.
    This is a really big issue as remote assistant is used to control computers which are
    physically placed where a ladder is needed to access them.

Remote pc is set up with:
    - Encryption required: "ON"
    - Allow unattended access: "ON"
    - Enable custom password: "ON"
    - Incoming connection: "Full control"
    - Adjust the disconnect from the opened session: "Leave session open"

We are running Build: 2.2.0.47.

I really hope someone can telle me if I am missing a setup step or if this is a bug?
    Thx
  • Sergey N
    Hello Jean,

This is definitely some kind of a local issue. We have tested the software numerous times for such scenario and the only time we got this result was when the user executing the application had issues with accessing %APPDATA% and %PROGRAMDATA% paths. The id is stored in the config file which lives in those folders. The other thing that might trigger this behavior is the damage or lockdown of this file, which can be triggered by security software such as AV or if the software is deployed on the machines deployed from the same image for example and basically have the same HID, but this is really hard to achieve. Hope it helps, let us know what do you think about this. Thank you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment