• Arfa
    I've been trying to use CloudBerry Backup on Centos 8.1. Took a little tinkering, but I think I have it running ok, it manages a test backup and restore to BackBlaze B2 ok. But I did encounter some errors along the way, so it would be good to confirm some aspects.

First: the RPM install of v2.10.2.73, gave the warning:
    warning: %posttrans(cloudberry-backup-2.10.2.73-01.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

When trying to run $ ccb, I found it missing the libnsl.so.1, but managed to resolve this by installing libnsl-2.28-72.el8_1.1.x86_64.

I was then able to enable the service and get it running from CLI and web interface.

Should I be worried about that install scriptlet warning?
    Is the newer beta version work any better with Centor 8?
    Do we have any indication when official Centos 8 support will be available?

Definitely be good to know before I spend cash on a non-free version.

Thanks!
  • Matt

We don't have any information on Centos 8 support, but it's in the plans.

We also can't guarantee that the software will work properly with this setup.
  • Arfa
    I can report some further findings:
    With 2.10.2.73 installed, I was unable to activate the license (even offline activation) . However when I updated to 3.0.0.100, I could activate my license fine.

3.0.0.100 seems to core dump regularly, in particular after hitting 'finish' when editing a backup plan. The cbbWebAccess process locked solid the once and need a kill -9 to renable the web interface.

I uninstalled 3.0.0.100, and then managed to cleanly install 2.10.2.73 without error. I suspect, now that I had manually installed the dependency libnsl various post install scripts executing cbb binaries now succeeded fine. So, possibly just need to add libnsl as a published dependency of the RPM package.

I'm still experimenting with various backup plans against local storage and BackBlaze B2, early days as my dataset is large, but appears to be mostly behaving thus far. I may have seen a handful of files it gets stuck on though...
  • Anigozanthos
    Hi Arfa, How is it all going for you? Is your Centos setup now working flawlessly?
  • Arfa
    I got 4 back up plans setup a several weeks ago and it's been backing them up regularly ever since without issue. All good really, not needed to touch it in a while TBH.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment