• Wade
    It seems like with the new version that was just released, I am unable to use my assigned password in the Access Pin anymore. I can use it in the username/password setting but seems less reliable for login. I have put in multiple tickets with no answers?? Please let me know how to proceed. One ticket number is #309044
  • Wade
    Hello??
  • David Gugick
    Someone should reply shortly.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Wade,

First of all, make sure that the versions of the software are equal on both ends. If I understood the situation correctly you need to enter the password directly into the password field and not into the PIN field. changed in version 2.3
  • Wade
    OK. I am using the same version on both. I do have one machine where I log in and then it goes to the windows sign in page and I click sign in and then the connection drops saying it was rejected by the user, but if I use the pin code it works? I also have teamviewer on these systems so I can see what is happening.

I also have another computer where the Remote assistant crashes on startup. What do you need to troubleshoot this?
  • Wade
    OK. I am using the same version on both. I do have one machine where I log in and then it goes to the windows sign in page and I click sign in and then the connection drops saying it was rejected by the user, but if I use the pin code it works? I also have teamviewer on these systems so I can see what is happening.

I also have another computer where the Remote assistant crashes on startup. What do you need to troubleshoot this?
  • Wade
    Hello??
  • Sergey N
    In the first case I presume it might be related to incorrect unattended access configuration, please consult with https://help.msp360.com regarding its configuration. In the second case I would suggest checking the integrity or maybe reinstalling Net Framework.
  • Wade

#1. It is set up like my other servers. It seems like all is going well and then it says the remote user cancelled your session, but nothing is popping up on the remote computer. I am logged in with logmein at the same time.
    #2 This does look like a framework issue. I repaired .net 4.7.2 and am still getting this error in event veiwer
    1. .NET Runtime error
    Application: Remote Assistant.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c06d007e, exception address 7571812F
    2. Application Error
    Faulting application name: Remote Assistant.exe, version: 2.3.0.52, time stamp: 0x5e58cd0c
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x531599f6
    Exception code: 0xc06d007e
    Fault offset: 0x0000812f
    Faulting process id: 0x1724
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d61d7b08b72ae5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Remote Assistant\Remote Assistant.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 4a7d2d9c-896e-11ea-b63c-d05099356bf8
  • Wade
    Any word on the errors I sent?
  • Wade
    Hello?
  • Wade
    Any news on this?
  • Sergey N
    Hello Wade,

Ran some tests on different machines, tried catching this exception, unfortunately, nothing popped up. It seems that it is some kind of local issue, maybe a specific hardware combination that we don't have. Passed the info to the dev's if they will be able to trace it we will definitely fix it. Is it happening only on one machine?
  • Wade
    Yes, just on one machine.
  • Wade
    I do also have this issue on a machine. It is like unattended access is not working properly. Is there a registry key or xml file to check and see if it is set properly

#1. It is set up like my other servers. It seems like all is going well and then it says the remote user cancelled your session, but nothing is popping up on the remote computer. I am logged in with logmein at the same time.
  • Sergey N
    Hmmmmmm....now this is some interesting addition, perhaps LogMeIn might interfere into the process.
  • Wade
    I have logmein on other PC's and do not see this issue. Seems like the unattended switch is not working properly?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment