• Romme
    I'm sorry if that was asked before but is there going to be a way to connect without an intermediary or even better, turn off all communication with the backend so the only way to connect is old school listening on a socket? I'm using a VPN to connect to my workplace and assist users so for me going through an intermediary is pure overhead and with this being a foreign company looks bad from a regulatory perspective.
  • David Gugick
    Direct connections have been supported since the 2.0 release. That's the default connections type, but if it cannot be established then the product falls back to a server-based connection. I think what you're asking for is the ability to disable server-based connections. Or is what we have good enough for your use case? I'll ask the engineering team if there's a way to force direct connections as the only option.

https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-remote-assistant/advanced/direct-connection#
  • Romme
    Thank you for your response. The app doesn't let me type an ip address or a dns name so the connection is never truly direct, it's brokered by your servers. There does not seem to be a technical reason why before connecting directly both parties must go through your server first. If both computers are on the same network, why the need for an additional nine digit id? What i'm trying to say is that an app which allows truly direct connections without an intermediary looks much better from a privacy perspective because i don't have to trust the backend utterly and completely.
  • David Gugick
    I understand what you are saying. That capability is not yet on the roadmap, although we are already tracking that feature in our system, and I've added your comments.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment