• Marlon
    I have moved a users data to another location on the c drive to sync with onedrive. I want to sync up the data so that it sees the data as already uploaded data and not new data. Anyone know how to accomplish this.
    I am using windows server and my storage is with Backblaze,

Thanks
  • David Gugick
    I do not believe that's possible. If you moved the data to a new location, then you'll need to back it up again to Backblaze B2. You can sync any folders with OneDrive if you're using the OneDrive sync client. So you may want to move the data back and add the location to OneDrive for sync. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8b011-8b94-419b-aa95-a14ff2415e85
  • David Gugick
    Let me add that if you have already moved the data, depending on your backup folder selection and retention settings, the backups may already be deleted or flagged for deletion.

If the original folder were kept in the backup plan, then we would see the movement of the data as deletes of the original files and then file backups would be kept according to your retention settings.

If you moved the files and also changed the folder that is being backed up (and removed the original folder from the backup plan), then the old backups will remain indefinitely in backup storage and you would have to manually remove them when they are no longer needed. Since the original folder is no longer a part of the backup plan, retention for those backup files will never be triggered.
  • Marlon
    I copied the data to the new location and added it to the backup.
    The old files are still in their original location and i kept it in case we needed to restore a file from an earlier period.
    I guess i will leave it in the next 30 days remove the selection from backup.
    The initial backup may take a pretty long time, 220GBs
    is there a way to remove the files so that when they are removed it removes it from the backup at backblaze and not keep the space?
    Thanks
  • David Gugick
    If you just want to quickly remove the backups from storage and you're sure you do not need to be able to restore any old versions, then you can quickly delete the main backup folder in B2 from the Storage tab in the agent.
  • Marlon
    I'll do that later on. I want to keep it just in case
    thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal