• supanatral
    I'm trying to do a test restore in case I ever need to do a disaster recovery.

I created the bootable ISO and made a VM on my ESXi server. Everything boots and works until I try to restore a backup.

When I tried to use the restore wizard to restore from Backblaze B2, it gives me an error saying "bad_auth_token". When I go to "Backup Storage" to view my cloud storage, I get an error saying "Storage account is not defined".

Things I've tried:

• Making a brand new ISO image
    • Testing my backups on my main server to ensure that it backs up correctly
    • Open command prompt on the test VM and pinged Google to ensure I had internet

What could be causing this problem?
  • David Gugick
    Have you defined your B2 storage account exactly as defined on the source PC?
  • supanatral
    When I made the ISO image from my windows installation, doesn't it define the B2 storage itself?

Add on:
    When I made the ISO image in the previous versions, it would simply work and define all of the storage accounts itself. When I made this ISO using the new version, it made all of the storage accounts again by itself but this time they don't connect.
  • supanatral
    I just tried resetting my B2 Application key and then copied and pasted it into my test restore VM. Because I copied/pasted it, I know that it has been correctly entered in.

Despite this, once I try to select the bucket, I get an error saying "bad_auth_token". See attached
    Attachment
    Bad Auth (98K)
  • David Gugick
    When does that error come up? Is it when you try to select the bucket?

Also what version are you using?
  • supanatral
    Yes, that's correct.

I've copied/pasted the Account ID & Application Key so I know the details are correct.
  • David Gugick
    What version are you using?
  • David Gugick
    I was asking because I saw a report of a similar issue that was fixed in 6.3.1, so I'm guessing this is something else. You'll need to open a support case so the team can review the logs (Tools - Diagnostic toolbar option).

I have given the support team a heads-up. Please refer to this post in the submission.
  • supanatral
    Do I do this on my Windows server or the test restore VM?

I've tried looking at the bootable ISO image to see if I could submit a support ticket from there but there's only a feedback button. As for the Windows Server, there won't be anything in the logs to help the support team find the error.

Thanks
  • David Gugick
    Do it on the OS where you are seeing the bad_auth_token error. Just get the case opened and if they need something specific, they'll tell you where to get it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment