• Kaleb
    I have an on premise QNAP which I backup my files to as well as an offsite backup.

I would like to use my QNAP to backup my Windows installation but I can’t figure out how to do it in such a way that i can restore it from a bootable ISO in case of a DR scenario. Any suggestions on how I can do this?
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying you use some built-in or some other third-party software to back up the QNAP appliance for offsite backup, and you're looking for a way to use the QNAP and an app on the QNAP itself to back up a Windows desktop/server for DR?

The short answer is we do no have a native QNAP agent. In order to back up files stored on the QNAP appliance, you'd have to expose a network share and back up the files from another supported platform (usually this is a Windows endpoint or server) by referencing the network share as the location for files to be backed up. You can then send the files to local storage or any support cloud storage provider using your own cloud storage accounts.

As far as performing an image backup of the Windows computer for DR, you need to run the MSP360 agent on the Windows machine (unless it's a VM, in which case you can use the host-level VM backup features in our VM Edition). There is no way to perform an image backup of a Windows machine from a QNAP appliance.

If I've misunderstood your configuration or question, please clarify.

Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet