• NathanG
    I'm not sure of the best terms to use in the title, so I describe in more detail.

My company has finally outgrown the existing storage on our QNAP NAS, TS-659 Pro II. My former colleague configured the array to use all 6 drives and ended up with only 4.5 TB of storage and I'd like to push that to at least 12TB using 5 drives and keep the 6th as a hot spare. Everything on the existing NAS is backed up to an external USB drive that is cycled weekly for additional protection.

Now by MBS question. Since I can't just convert to 5+1 from the 6 drive array, I blocked access to the NAS for clients using MBS and created a current snapshot of all the data on the external drive. From there I'm going to start from scratch on the array and then restore the snapshot to the new array/volume. The former folder structure will be maintained and all client computers will have the same access so the plans will also see the same paths as before the transition. Once I re-enable access to the NAS, will the MBS clients just pick up where they left off or will I need to create new plans? Is there any way to force MBS to check the "new" storage accounts?

Thanks.
  • IvanS
    Hi ,

In case if the former folder structure of your NAS remains the same and all client computers have the same access with the same paths as before, when you re-enable access to the NAS, the MBS clients should continue backups from the moment when you blocked it. You can run repository sync to update the information about your ''new" storage account.
  • NathanG
    Thank you for confirming this behavior Ivan.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment