• John Myers
    Running the trial software on a Windows 2008R2 server. When the program starts off a fresh server boot I am able to view the history but after starting the Backup Service, or opening Windows Backup I try and view history and receive an error telling me "The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it"

I can get around the error by stopping the Backup service, closing the program and opening it again. But I would rather not have to do that. Has anyone encountered/solved this issue?
  • David Gugick
    You mean that when you click the History tab in the user-interface, you get the "calling thread" error? The only reference I see for this error is a fix way back for the 5.6 release. What version are you using? If you're using the current version, then please open a support ticket using the Tools - Diagnostic toolbar option. Please reference this forum post and also mention I asked you to to open the case so the team can review the logs.
  • admin IT
    I run the software on a Windows 2008R2 and FW4.0.30319 server. When the program starts to open the error message "The calling thread does not have access to this object because it is owned by another thread", I try to view the history of the same. The Diagnostic "Send support" button does not send "The parent connection was closed, an unexpected sending error occurred". The program works correctly on the other two devices. Attaching log from problem device. Admin PK Ossendorf:
  • David Gugick
    Then you need to open a support case either from a working install or directly on the web site https://www.msp360.com/support.aspx?select=true I deleted your log file attachment as those files may contain information you do not want available publicly.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment