• John Quinlan
    I have 4 desktop licenses. However, I added a Windows 10 Pro desktop. I tried to add the license and it said I had to add one. On closer inspection in RMM. I found the asset has it as a server. Why is it not marked as a desktop?
  • David Gugick
    Can you post a screenshot in RMM of what you're seeing and also the exact Windows 10 version. I'll then forward it along to the engineering team. Crop or delete any parts of the image that you don't want posted publicly. Maybe before you do that can you confirm for me this is in the RMM agent you're seeing this as opposed to in the backup agent section and license type you're using for backup? I'm wondering if you're just using a server license for the desktop?
  • FredG
    I'm having an identical situation. When I initially added the software to the Windows 10 Pro desktop I figured it would assign a desktop license automatically, but it assigned a server license. I then released the license and tried to grant again. It didn't ask me which license to grant, it just automatically selected the server one again. I then released the license again, then assigned a desktop license to the company.
    When I go to grant the license, it only shows the server options for licensing and doesn't show the desktop at all.
  • FredG
    As a follow up to anyone else running into this...If you go into the menu on the client machine just to the left of the home tab, you can choose Change Edition and switch to the Desktop version. Not sure why the installer can't determine Windows 10 Pro is a desktop and not a server.
  • David Gugick
    just to confirm, you’re saying that you have available licenses for both desktop and server, and when you grant the license for your windows 10 pro desktop it’s incorrectly assigning a server license to it instead of one of the available desktop licenses, or better yet, providing you the option to select which license you’d like to use?
  • FredG
    When I install the client, it uses a server license. Yes, I have both server and desktop licenses available, but the installer assigns server licenses to the windows 10 pro desktop installs. Even when I released the license and then went to grant, it only gave server options. I finally figured out a work around by going to the change edition in the client to switch the license to the desktop version.
  • Steve Putnam
    I find that every install defaults to the Server version. I always go back and change it to the appropriate license as part of our installation process.
  • John Quinlan
    With the comments on Changing the Edition, I found Change Edition and it worked. Thanks
  • David Gugick
    Support has asked that you open up a support case with them as they'd like to review this in more detail. If that's something you're willing to do we'd appreciate it.
  • NNCC
    I too am having the same problem. Where Windows 10 is not accepting a desktop license and is installed as a server. I will try the workaround listed above.
  • David Gugick
    Please open a case so Support can review and provide the details to the engineering team for a fix. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment