• Michael Pietrzak
    Hello,

I have a couple issues going on here....

1. My default retention policy keeps moving to "retain files for 1 day" even when I repeatedly switch it to 8 days.

2. The interface is not giving me the option to select a alternate retention policy for my backup plans. I can either check on uncheck "use default retention......"

The version is the latest and maintenance is fully paid.

I cannot understand why this is happening. Do I need to just delete and create the plan?
  • David Gugick
    Just to be clear, you are using the latest version and are using the legacy, version-based backup format (that's fine if you are as we plan to support it for a long time). When you edit the backup plan, on the Retention Policy tab, you select "Specify custom retention policy for backup plan" and then change the "Delete versios older than" to 8 days from modification date (or backup date). Correct?

Then, you continue through the wizard and save the changes, but the next time you edit the plan, you see what exactly? Has the plan now reverted to "Use the default retention policy" option, or are you seeing a different value in the "Delete versions older than" option?
  • Michael Pietrzak
    Hi David,

Version 7.1.3.28

In response to...."When you edit the backup plan, on the Retention Policy tab, you select "Specify custom retention policy for backup plan"

....it's greyed out and I can't even make changes.

When I then try it in the main "Options" window on the "Retention Policy" tab, and set "Delete versions older than" there for 8 days (from backup date). It does not stick. Seems to revert after 24 hours or so.

Regards,
    Michael
  • David Gugick
    Sounds like a security rights issue and an inability to edit the configuration file. That's unusual. As a test, can you right-click the CloudBerry Backup icon, select Run as Administrator and see if the options are enabled that way? If so, we will know it's a security issue and will take it from there.

You could also try reinstalling. I'll also reach out to Support and see if they have any ideas.
  • Michael Pietrzak
    Negative. No change when right clicking on icon and selecting "Run as administrator"

I didn't mention above in my original post but the only item I can modify is the "Delete files that have been deleted locally" option.

Regards,
    Michael
  • Michael Pietrzak
    Okay so it looks like that if I choose "Legacy" file backup, I cannot alter the retention level from within the backup plan.

I need to select the new backup format and from within there, I can choose to modify the backup plan.

How do I go about reverting back to a previous version that allows the old level backup style?
  • Michael Pietrzak
    I just tried reverting my version back to 6.x.x and I still cannot modify the retention from within the backup plan.
  • David Gugick
    The old backup style is supported in the new version as well. Just have to drop down the backup toolbar option and select the legacy format. The new format uses GFS retention, whereas the old backup format uses the older version based retention. You can use either but if you prefer the legacy format it's available.
  • David Gugick
    I would try cloning the plan and see if the copy allows you to make the necessary edits.
  • David Gugick
    are you by chance using Simple mode for your backup? If so, there's no retention support for simple mode. If not, support has requested you send the logs from the Tools Diagnostic toolbar option.
  • Michael Pietrzak
    Sadly, nope. When I create a new plan, the option to change the backup retention from within the plan wizard is still greyed out.

ONLY, when I select "Advanced Mode" does it give me the option to change the retention period from within the wizard
  • David Gugick
    So if you're not using advanced mode, what mode are you using? I'll wait for your answer, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason. That is, you need to be using advanced mode.
  • crossvid
    I also tried reverting my version back to 6.x.x and I still cannot modify the retention from within the backup plan.
  • David Gugick
    You need to use Advanced Mode. What backup mode are you using?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment