• BackupFan
    Does this backup solution provide Hosted Exchange backup from other than Microsoft 365 or Google email providers?
  • David Gugick
    I think you asked this question last year - and I do not have an updated response. https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/2126/office-365-backup-can-it-be-used-with-3rd-party-hosted-exchange

Support would need to know more about your particulars. I assume if you had control over the server, you could use the Exchange agent. But if you're on a shared Exchange server, then you may either have to rely on the solution provider (if they provide backup) or do something like use the Outlook client to copy email to local or file server hosted PST files for backup.
  • BackupFan
    Thanks David. Yes, this is a shared Exchange server. It is Hosted Exchange and as such we don't manage the entire Exchange server. I would prefer not to rely on the solution provider as a failure of both the Hosted Exchange and the Hosted Exchange backup would seem to be more likely having the same provider supply both. The use of Outlook to copy the email files to PST are interesting though I presume that the backup would be slower and larger as a new PST file may be created daily. Would like to include the backup of not only email but contacts, calendars, Notes, and OneDrive as well if possible.
  • David Gugick
    So, this is not O365/M365? We do have a solution for M/O365.
  • BackupFan
    That is correct. It is not. Thanks for the information. Very helpful.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment